Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 1... hmmm... Can I do this?

I like to think of myself as a private person.  I live in one persona in my personal life and only share short moments where all of me can be alive for everyone to see.  At the ripe old age of 29 (or rather the 5th anniversary year of my 29th birthday), it has become cumbersome to say the least.

All that holding myself back...for what?

Is it because I care about what people think?  Well, if you know me, you know that certainly isn't the case...or is it?...deep down.

Is it because I want to be a different person than I was 10, 15, 20 years ago?  Well, I AM different than I was all those years ago.  Aren't we all!?!

I'm sure it is a combination of things: past, present, dreams for the future.  This year, I have decided to just simply be me.  Embrace all that I have been, all that I am, and all that I hope to become all rolled up into one messy package rather than segmenting myself and deciding who gets to enjoy or not enjoy (smirk) each side of me. I guess you could call is a resolution of sorts.

So here is to beginning a journey to live with an open heart and simply being happy to be me, sharing myself with others, and seeing who I can drag along with me.

Enjoy!

P.S. - Sarah,
I have you to thank for my inspiration in starting this blog.  You don't even know how much you have affected me in so many wonderful ways.  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment